How well do you think you know your acquaintances or co-workers? Asking questions to small groups of people around you is one of the best ways to initiate a conversation that would help you get to know them. Perhaps, even further communicate better. You might even end up making amazing friends!
Here are a bunch of 22 icebreaker questions for small groups that could be a great way to get to know the people around you.
1. What has been the best place you have traveled to?
This can make for an interesting conversation. Even if someone has never traveled, they would still end up sharing the place they would wish to go to.
2. What do you find the most fascinating about the city or village you grew up in?
Be it blurred moments that remain in the corners of our minds or complete vivid stories, they will almost always have something to share at least. It is always fun, interesting and sometimes even nostalgic to listen to people’s stories.
3. Beach, mountains or forests?
It is quite a plus point when you grow up away from busy traffic and crowded super markets. What if there are people in your group who were actually lucky enough to grow in the peacefulness and calmness of the hills?
4. Are you a cat person or a dog person, or both?
It’s always fun to talk about pets and listen to the craziest of things that our pets do all the time.
5. Which toy from your childhood did you love the most? Do you still have it, do you miss it?
Was it a teddy, or a toy train? Did you have those blocks and maybe cards that we used to make pyramids with?
6. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Chocolate, no doubt!
7. If there is one food item that you had to survive on for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Good luck talking about food, because you might just end up ordering some!
8. What is your idea of having fun?
Sleeping, maybe? Hey, to each their own!
9. What is the craziest thing you have done as a school kid?
Painted on the Principal’s car!
10. What do you think it’s like to meet a celebrity?
If they haven’t ever met one, the answer could very well be an interesting one.
11. What is your most favorite social media platform and why?
Brace yourself for a possible debate. Or not. Who knows, you guys might end up bonding over it while figuring out more shared interests.
12. If you had a time machine, which era would you go to first?
While most people would probably not find history a fascinating thing to discuss, there might be somebody among your colleagues or classmates who have always been crazy about history. Even so, it’s a great way to stir up someone’s curiosity and imagination.
13. If you were a millionaire, what would you do with all that money?
There are so many different ways to spend money and it’s hard to say one way is better or more exciting than the other.
14. If you had to choose between flying and swimming for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Dragons or Mermaids, mate?
15. What have been some of the craziest dreams you have had in your sleep?
Bizarre dreams are the worst and yet make up for the funniest conversation starters.
16. Who is your favorite author?
If they say that they don’t have one, you could always judge them. Don’t do that, we’re kidding. Or are we?
17. What is one thing you are afraid to do but want to do in order to get rid of your fear?
Some people go to extreme heights to conquer their fear.
18. Would you rather have pineapple on a pizza or a burger?
Now those are some crazy combinations, we know!
19. Which of these jobs would be more exciting, working in a farm or working in a national park?
It would certainly be cool to figure out how someone’s mind works when it comes to nature and wildlife.
20. If you had to be a professional at any sport, which one would you choose?
Whatever the answer, they’re probably not good at it. Or they are but a little bantering doesn’t harm anyone.
21. Would you rather read a bad novel or write a bad novel?
I might just fall asleep while reading one….
22. What weapon would you use to kill your alarm clock?
Let’s face it, we all hate alarm clocks!
So go ahead and ask away some of these icebreaker questions!
Want more? Use our random question maker tool to generate more icebreaker questions for small groups!